Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts MimikyuToo's Derpy Hangout

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/29 05:44:28 )
ˑؘ ۪۪۫۫Formerly known as ChiffonOrange ۪۪۫۫ ؘ

@mimikyutoo: Yeah, as long as you don't overshade or undershade the character, background, etc.

Oh, that seems pretty interesting even though romance isn't my favourite which I assume it is, judging by the title alone lol

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/29 05:47:01 )

@Hydrangea: Oof the struggle is real lol

Yea xD I like romance stuff in like asian dramas or animation stuff, I'm not a fan of western romance stuff xD If that even makes any sense, because I don't understand why orz.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/29 05:55:35 )

@mimikyutoo: #artshadingproblems (lol)

I see, that's understandable and to each own I guess and depending on what kind of romance (and the rating itself lol) you like the most.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/29 06:01:33 )

@Hydrangea: Lol, very accurate and relatable.

I don't like "Adult scenes" if you will. I find them mostly useless to the plot almost 99% of the time. Which is probably a big reason I like other romances than western romances. I like slice of life like "Oh, that could've really happened." romances for the most part. This one I'm watching on nextflix is based in like feudal times so iunno xD I'm just all over the place.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/29 06:11:51 )

@mimikyutoo: I see, fair enough unless it's not a "in your face" scene and it's (preferrably) really zoomed out so some people will focus on the background instead of the "adult scenes". Lol at the feudal times romance thingy and speaking of romance archetypes/tropes, other said archetypes/tropes I really hate the most is the yandere stuff and the "victim falls in love with the abuser despite said abuser doesn't love or cares about them" trope thing. :I

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/29 06:16:05 )

@Hydrangea: Bahaha yea that would be preferable. Plus I hate when it's not like expected, especially when your watching it with other people. Maybe it's just because I'm awkward but like I just caaan't (⁄ ⁄>⁄ ▽ ⁄<⁄ ⁄) I honestly forgot that was a thing XD I don't care for it either. I don't understand why it's popular. I mean like I understand the one that's like "Light" where it's just like some teasing and stuff but not the bully ones (Or worse ;A;). Never understood that mindset either. Probs cuz I was bullied a lot and not once did I ever think "Oh they like me" or if they liked me I'd be like "Um no, you're a jerk!" xD

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/29 06:36:37 )

@mimikyutoo: True, true. I feel even more awkward while watching intimate or explicit scenes with other people as well and same, I wonder why did it became so popular sometimes.

And yeah, I'm fine with light teasing or light joking as long as it doesn't cross the line too much and being bullied does sucks (and it shouldn't be encouraged by anyone whatsoever)

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/29 06:40:45 )

@Hydrangea: Yesss, thank you xD

I agree -nods sagely-

So I found a different show that's about a lawyer who has autism. I loved The Good Doctor, so I decided to give it a chance and it's nice.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/29 06:48:22 )

@mimikyutoo: *googles The Good Doctor*

While the summary seems a little interesting, then again I can't really speak for how it portrays autism yet and sorry if I don't know what to say. ^^;

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/29 06:55:29 )

@Hydrangea: I don't know how accurate they are when it comes to Autism, I do enjoy the show xD Same with the one I'm watching now. The one I'm watching now doesn't seem super accurate but the plot is good. I know more about like bipolar disorders, Borderline Personality, and other illnesses. I should really research more into Autism now that I think about it.

I know Asperger's runs in my husband's family. (If I'm correct they don't like the term Asperger's but I can't remember right now what they prefer to call it.) And so I know some of the symptoms.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/29 07:08:33 )

@mimikyutoo: Ooh I see! Hmmm... Maybe I should search and watch some documentaries about illnesses in general to and hope said documentaries aren't too biased, I'll get an understanding of them that is.

Other than that, I sometimes wish illnesses (whether it's physical, mental and etc.) were more understood worldwide and not being treated as "different" or something really mean like "freak" or "weirdo", especially when it comes to mental illnesses and health which there are people who chose to ignore or refuse to believe them.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/29 07:22:25 )

@Hydrangea: That's a good way to learn. I have just learned from misdiagnoses, friends in the mental health community, and journals. (I like journals). Documentaries could help. I wonder if there are any documentaries that are unbiased on Autism?

I wish that too. I mean all of them are more common than people think. There's a lot of stigma in being "different". So I agree. There has been a big push lately to break the stigma and educate people more. So hopefully that continues.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/29 07:31:09 )

@mimikyutoo: I see. *nods* Hmmm... if only there are documentaries that aren't biased on autism somewhere. I'll probably find one later on.

You're right, I too hope people will educate others and future generation about mental illnesses and health and continue breaking the stigma.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/29 07:35:10 )

@Hydrangea: I honestly enjoy learning, I think I might look up some journals tomorrow if I get the chance :)

And I agree~!

Also I wanted to say, your avatar looks super cute!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/29 11:45:32 )

@mimikyutoo: Mmmhmm. *nods* Knowledge is power. °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)

Thank you! Although I only changed my avatar a bit lmao

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/29 17:09:32 )

@Hydrangea: XD That's very true

It still looks super cute ^w^

I went to bed at like 2:30 in the morning and woke up at 8 orz
I also have therapy at 2, which I'm not really prepared for.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/29 23:55:31 )

@mimikyutoo: I see, although I don't have any good advice but perhaps try doing calm breathing exercise or listening to music and vice versa?

And speaking of bed, I was going to sleep around 10:30pm but the fireworks/firecrackers (wow noise pollution /s) kept waking me up until 1:10am-ish due to celebration. Now I woke up at 6:30am 'cause I have to prepare myself to go to work at 8:15 or 8:20am. If they did the whole fireworks at a park or any commerical area which is fine but doing it in a residential area is goddamn annoying and inconsiderate as people has to go to work in the morning.

I'm sorry if I went on a mini tangent since I still feel a bit tired/sleepy.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/30 00:23:11 )

@Hydrangea: It went okay, I wasn't really prepared but it went well I suppose.

Oh no! That is never good ;A; I'm so sorry about that. It's very inconsiderate of them to pop fireworks off in residential areas. I know I struggle sleeping when they do that here. I hope despite not sleeping well that you have a decent day at work!

And it's fine. I don't mind at all.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/30 00:46:34 )

@mimikyutoo: I see. Hope you're doing good.

Yeah and it's okay, no need to apologise though. I did used earplugs but I can still hear them due to how loud they are and yeah, sleep disorders are no joke and thank you (つ≧﹏≦)

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/30 01:12:10 )

@Hydrangea: I'm doing good, just a lot to think about.

I feel bad though, it's never fun/good to not be able to sleep. Wow, even with ear plugs? :O That's not cool at all.
Sleeping disorders are definitely not fun either. I have to take a medicine to help me sleep orz
Hangout || Questing
Please ping me if I don't reply.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.