Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing One of Your Own

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/17 06:52:32 )

". . . somehow..." Madison said quietly as she just stared off to the side, not looking at anything.

He stayed with her for about an hour before heading off to look into getting her some food. Sure enough, he returned with it, and she accepted it... but when he checked in on her a couple hours later, she hadn't eaten any of it.

And it continued like that for what seemed like forever.

She wasn't eating much, was losing a lot fo weight, and it wasn't hard to tell that she had shut in on herself, lamenting what had happened. Her school work continued, and she did about as well as was surprising. She didn't actually chat with people, though. Even those that she'd potentially considered friends in the past weren't hearing anything from her.

She basically shut down. She was doing what she needed, and her grades were improving - if anything. She was devoting her everything to her studies, but there was an emptiness to her, still.

It was something that no one could deny, or get away from. And it was affecting her.

Sure, her grades were improving, but her health wasn't. She ate and drank enough to survive, but... that was it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/17 07:16:46 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

One evening, when Aimee came home, she found the house almost disconcertingly quiet.

However, a quick search revealed that Alex was in the den.

However, he wasn't asleep. He wasn't even laying down. He was on the couch, sitting down, legs forward, elbows on his knees, hands in his hair, head lowered to the point of facing the floor.

And he was silent and still.

That being said, she knew he wasn't calm. She could see it. His nerves were frazzled, his mind was in chaos, and his emotional state was... well, it wasn't good.

Ever since Madison had returned, he'd devoted every single free moment he had into trying to find a way to reverse the seal on her. But nothing worked. Nothing that could even have been called a START had been found.

Madison had shut down, and hadn't been responding to anything... and it was driving Lex to the point of being a nervous wreck. The frankly horrifying bags under his eyes could attest to THAT.

He hadn't even noticed that Aimee had returned.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/17 07:20:54 )

Aimee was silent as she set her bag down before making her way over to her brother and sitting down next to him. She wrapped an arm around him, her mana going from her to him to help him at least a little bit.

"Hey..." She said, almost hesitant.

She knew what the problem was. It wasn't something surprising, as they'd been over this quite a bit by this point.

"Lex, it's ok." She said after a moment or two. She knew it wouldn't likely be taken seriously, or he'd snap on her, but it was, at least, something.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/17 07:39:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She felt her brother twitch a little when she said it was okay. She knew that that would have been a knee-jerk reaction to snap at her, or yell at her, or be bitingly sarcastic, but he stopped himself.

And he was silent for a moment.

"...how?" he then asked.

"How is this okay?" he asked her.

"Madison is still without her mana, everything has been a dead-end, she's withering away to nothing, and everything I've tried has just hit a stone wall." he said, his voice quivering now.

"...this isn't okay, Aimee..." he whispered.

"I'm failing her, Aimee..." he said further, tears starting to fall down his cheeks.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/17 07:45:10 )

Aimee was silent for a moment as she just pulled her brother in close.

"I don't know what we can do." She said before sighing.

"I... may have a small solution for her mood though." She told him honestly.

"I'm not sure... but maybe...?" She pulled something out of her bag and set it on the coffee table. AS she did so, he saw that it was a few pages that were staples together.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/17 08:02:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Alex was silent still, and looked at the papers.

He reached for them, and started to flip through them... before pausing and looking at Aimee.

"...this..." he said.

"Really?" he asked.

"Do... do you think she has a chance?" he asked her.

"Like... an honest chance?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/17 08:06:09 )

"Hollie herself is the one that suggested it." Aimee answered with a light laugh.

"I think her love of history will count for more than one might thing." She added.

"It's.... well, all we can do is try, really." She finished with before sighing.

"Take it up, see if she'll respond. Maybe... maybe she will."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/17 08:25:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Right." Lex replied.

"I'll... do that now." he told her.

He then looked over towards Aimee and hugged her, holding it for a few seconds, before breaking the embrace and taking the papers upstairs. He made his way to Madison's room, and knocked on the slightly open door.

"Maddy?" he said.

"Maddy I have something here for you." he told her.

"May I come in?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/17 08:27:30 )

There was silence from within the room before he heard a sigh.

"Sure." She answered, her voice as deadpan as was pretty much the standard lately. As he made his way into the room, he saw her sitting at her desk, writing something, by hand no less.

She didn't say anything as she set the pen down and turned in her chair to face her.

"Yes?" She asked

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/17 08:37:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lex did his best to hide his heartbreak... but the concern in his eyes was unmistakable.

He then sighed, and made his way over towards her.

"Here." he said, handing her the papers.

"Aimee brought these home." he told her.

"Said you might be interested." he said further.

"Figured I'd bring them up to you." he continued.

"Feel free to disregard them if you're not."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/17 08:42:13 )

Madison was silent as she accepted what he'd brought. She took a look at it, and paused.

"Wait... what?" She asked.

"How the hell..." She paused before meeting his gaze. There was... something... there. Something more than had been there in what felt like forever, but it had only been a couple years.

".... this ... could take me away for ... " she double checked "...months if I'm accepted. is... are you really ok with that?" She asked after a moment or two.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/17 09:00:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lex was silent for another moment.

"...if it would make you happy, then yes." he told her.

"All I want is for you to find enjoyment in life again." he said.

"We'll work something out with your school if you are accepted." he went on.

"This also came as a recommendation from Hollie, so it should be all right." he then told her.

"If you want to apply, feel free." he continued.

"Deadline's on the first page." he said further.

"...." he was then silent, not wanting to mention anything about how her attitude had changed suddenly, even if slightly. For all he knew, that was a trigger for her to relapse back into it.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/17 09:04:29 )

Madison was silent, completely silent, as Lex said all he did. She didn't know what to say before just sighing.

"Maybe." She said simply.

"... Maybe." She repeated after a minute or two. It may not have been much, but he could hear the interest. She may not be showing it quite as she used to, but it was there. Even if subdued and tiny... The interest was there.

Before the lock, she'd expressed interest of going on a dig at some point if she ever could. Seemed that desire, while small, was still there.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/17 09:16:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....well, let us know if you choose to." he told her.

"We'll need to make sure things are set up in case you are accepted." he said.

"Anyway, that's all." he told her.

"I'll leave you be." he went on.

"We'll call you when dinner's ready." he finished.

He realised that that would be pointless. She'd sit and pick at the food, eat the bare minimum. Like always.

"Just... give it a thought." he then added at the end, before turning and leaving the room.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/17 22:32:41 )

Madison was silent, not knowing what to say or make of this, but at least Lex was able to tell that there was something that wasn't there before.

Lex, being himself, he made his way downstairs and ended up falling asleep on the couch. He woke acouple hours later to something smelling good in the kitchen. When he made his way out to see who he expected would be his sister, he saw Madison cooking instead. She paused as she heard his footsteps, but didn't say anything.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/17 22:48:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" Lex was silent as he saw this.

"Madison?" he asked.

"Huh." he said.

"Been a while since you did anything in the kitchen." he commented.

"Smells good." he then said further.

"What are you making?" he asked her.

'...why is she here? What is she doing...?' he then wondered, genuinely confused.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/17 22:54:40 )

Madison just sighed lightly as she set the pan down on the burner after transfering what had been in it to a pot with a sauce.

". . . I'm making food." She answered. She still sounded as she had before, but there was certainly something to her voice.

"Just go sit. It'll be done soon." She added before pausing.

"And chicken cacciatore."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/17 23:12:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh, I see." Lex responded.

"Well, smells good." he repeated.

"And okay." he then said.

He then left the room and sat down on one of the couches.

He was silent as he did so, and sighed.

'...maybe she's feeling better?' he thought.

'Or am I imagining things...?' he wondered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/17 23:18:59 )

Sure enough, about fifteen minutes later, Madison called out for him to come to the table for food.

By the time he reached the table, there was already food there and she was sitting in one of the seats, almost looking disinterested.

"I know you have questions." She then said as he took his seat. "So ask. Can't promise I'll answer though."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/17 23:53:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lex was silent as Madison said what she did.

"I do." he replied.

"A few." he went on.

"But I know that the chances of you answering them are slim." he continued.

"I also don't want to jinx anything." he then said further.

"But... since you've brought it up..." he mumbled, sighing quietly.

"Are you interested in what I showed you?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.