Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing One of Your Own

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 08:04:44 )

There was absolutely nothing from Aimee as Uriel arrived, and even less as he placed a hand on her chest. With it there, if he needed any extra proof of her current state, he could feel how her heart was barely beating, and she wasn't really breathing. She was still alive, for the moment, but at this rate, it really wouldn't last long.

The mana that he was pulsing into her abruptly changed to dark, which wasn't surprising considering the cause - although it likely would have taken her brother by surprise. It last for about ten seconds before the mana returned to white and she took a proper, full, breath. She still didn't wake yet though, but at least she was breathing. As Lex was holding her, he could easily feel that her breath was far more regular and proper, and her heart was beating as it should be again.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 08:15:46 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"A-Aimee?" Lex stammered.

"Uriel, what-" he started to ask, before Uriel just sighed.

"I'll explain more fully, later." he told him.

"For now, just know that it was, effectively, a bad reaction between pure necromantic mana, and tainted necromantic mana." he said.

"I... I see..." Lex mumbled.

"For now, I'm going to get Aimee to bed, and you as well." Uriel then said.

"And I will stand guard here, making sure the three of you are safe, and all right." he quickly added.

"...thanks." was all Lex replied with.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 08:19:46 )

A few hours later, before Madison was to wake or even expected to wake, Aimee woke. She was a bit unsteady as she got to her feet and made her way to the bathroom to do as she needed to. She looked herself in the mirror and sighed. She looked like death. With a quick wash of her face, she thought maybe she looked a bit better, and made her way downstairs. There was no way for her to know who was up, or what was going on - or even how long she'd been out for. The last thing she remembered was sitting down on the couch with her brother after saving their charges life.

On the way down, she stopped by Madison's room, only to find that she was still out cold.

". . . may be worthwhile to contact someone of a medical variety about her, just in case." She muttered as she mad eher way down the stairs. Once on the ground floor, she made her way to the kitchen, not even bothering to look for anyone. As far as she was to guess, her brother was still out, and she didn't expect Yuri to be there.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 08:23:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As she entered the kitchen, she noticed that Uriel was there, and he seemed to be filling some water bottles with water from a pitcher she'd not seen before. He seemed to sense that she was there, and looked over to where she was.

"Ah, hello." he greeted her.

"Figured you'd be the first to wake up." he commented.

"I'd ask how you're feeling, but your face says it all." he went on.

He then went to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water for her, bringing it over.

"Here. Drink this." he told her. "Should really help with your energy."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 08:25:07 )

Aimee was completely silent for a moment, accepting the bottle of water without a second thought.

"I... wait, what?" She asked.

"Yuri? Why are you here? I thought you said you'd be busy for the next week or two due to positional requirements. Or something." She then added as she opened the bottle and took a swig, she trusted him after all.

"So... what am I missing?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 08:30:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As she took a drink of the water, she did feel a bit of a surge of energy in her, but she also felt something more... permanent. She felt like a little bit of her stamina had been regained, and her mana was a bit stronger now.

"...a lot." Uriel responded.

"Long story short, the boss gave me some emergency time off to make sure you three were doing okay." he told her.

"A bit MORE info, you almost died." he continued.

"So. Care to take this to the den so we can talk about it?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 09:17:49 )

Aimee was silent for a few seconds before sighing and capping the btotle again.

"Yeah, let's go." she said before heading to the den and taking a seat on the couch, same couch that she'd nearly died while sitting on.

"All right... first and foremost... how is Madison?" She asked, her voice concerned, but not overbearingly so.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 17:51:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Uriel sat down beside her, and sighed.

"She's fine." he said.

"She's recovering, and she should be fine." he told her.

"Lex will be, too." he then added.

"YOU got the worst of this." he continued.

"Because of the conflicting alignment between you and Madison, you almost died on this couch." he explained.

"You probably would have, had I not gotten here just in time."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 20:05:37 )

"We've never had anything like that happen in the past." Aimee commented. "What made this one so difference, and so dangerous?" She asked, her voice curious.

"Because... Well, yeah. I can't put it any other way." She then said.

"What was so different this time compared to others?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 20:16:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Uriel was silent for a moment, before sighing quietly.

"Well, as I mentioned, Madison is a tainted necromancer. You're a pure necromancer." he said. "You're on polar opposite ends of the alignment bar, and... they don't get along well." he continued.

"As such, the tainted mana effectively was attacking you, and killing you." he went on.

"I had to override it and quash it inside you... though it DID fight back... surprisingly strongly." he admitted further.

"That, and the fact that Madison is strong." he said.

"Strong as all hell. Stronger than... well... probably any other necromancer in recent mage history."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 20:20:27 )

Aimee was silent for a moment before sighing.

"Yes, I know that there is a lignment issue." She commented. "But as I said, we've never had something liek this happen in the past."

"And she's really that strong, huh?" She asked after a moment or two. "Both Lex and I knew that she'd been strong, we had our suspicions that she'd be stronger than any others currently alive, but we didn't rightly know." She paused a moment before sighing.

"Thank you, Yuri." She said quietly. "I really don't want to die. If there's anything I can do to thank you, let me know, hey?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 20:57:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Uriel just smiled slightly.

"No worries." he said.

"I'm just glad I got here in time." he told her.

"Also, next time you see Gregory, thank HIM." he then said further.

"He was the one that told me you were dying." he revealed.

"Without him, you probably WOULD have died."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 21:02:25 )

Aimee paused a moment before nodding.

[]b"I will."[/b] She assured him.

"I will make sure to." She added before sighing.

"Any idea how long Madison will be out?" She asked, her voice curious.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 21:10:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"A while still, I think." Uriel replied.

"From what I was told by Gregory, she'd be out for about 20 hours after the maturation was complete." he told her.

"Yeah, it was THAT strong." he muttered.

"But she'll be fine, Lex'll be fine, and now YOU'LL be fine." he then assured her.

"So yeah, good on you." he said.

"You two really managed to save her."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 21:13:22 )

[b"Now, I have another question."[/b] aimee started before pausing a moment.

". . . what is this?" She asked as she drew his attention to the water bottle.

"Never seen that pitcher, and this ... I definitely felt something from it, and I'm curious as to what that something was." She then said.

"so... yeah... what is it?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 21:29:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah, that." Uriel replied.

"It's a blessed pitcher." he told her.

"Yes, it's a thing. It's... well, it's a relic that doesn't really have much use, admittedly." he went on.

"When water is placed in it, it... well, it was said to have become 'holy water', but that's not technically true." he went on. "What it does is infuse the water with pure alignment, I suppose." he explained.

"Does nothing for mortals, or people with NO alignment, hurts those with tainted alignment, heals and invigorates those with pure alignment." he continued.

"In short, water for you, to bring you back from being so drained and hurt, essentially."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 21:42:29 )

Aimee was silent for a moment before chuckling lightly.

"Well, fair enough then." She said.

----

A few hours later, she was in the kitchen and starting to mak eup some food for when her brother woke, when she paused. She heard footsteps above.

". . . doubt that's MAddy..." She muttered. "Probably Lex." She shrugged before continuing what it was that she was doing, as it really wouldn't do well to have it burn.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 21:50:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lex's first instinct was to check up on Madison, and when he saw that she was asleep, and appeared to be stable, he made his way downstairs, smelling something as he got close to the kitchen.

"Eh?" he mumbled.

"Uriel?" he wondered, stepping into the room.

"Oh, Aimee!" he said upon seeing his sister.

"Didn't know you were awake." he commented.

"...how are you feeling?" he asked her, sniffing the air again.

"And what's cooking?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 21:52:15 )

"Food is cooking." Aimee answered honestly.

"And I'm all right." She added before turning to face her brother.

'I am sorry about earlier." She added. "I hadn't expected such a degree of power from her regarding her necromancy."

"But, as you can, I'm alive and well."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 22:22:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yeah, I see." Lex replied.

"Thanks to Uriel." he said.

"Seriously, I'm pretty sure I would have lost you had he not shown up when he did." he commented.

"Was a stroke of divine intervention." he added with a light chuckle.

"But all that matters is that we all seem to be okay." he then said.

"Seriously. All is well, I think. I hope." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.