Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/8 12:19:11 )
@Totalanimefan: Ah man, I'm really sorry that summer has been sucky for you guys. How've you been? Congrats on almost having your degree done with! Remind me, what degree are you going for?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/8 15:20:55 )

Questing :
Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Draconic Dream | On Guard | Flutters Her Wings | Paints Her Webs | Capricorn| Unique High Loving Gaze | Lucky Neko | TransFURmation | Ghostly Treat | Soulcaster | Vampyr | Cheshire Cabaret | Untamed | Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Corrupted Ichor | Fluers d’espoir | Her Graceful Snow | Snow Owl | Winter Stroll | WZRD | Under New Managment | Headless Rider | Flutterby | Queen Titania | Purr For You | Porcelain Pianissimo |

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Totalanimefan: thanks, had to replace the eyes but i think she turned out alright haha. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/8 15:56:19 )

@SorrowTheMad: It's for Business Administration Management. :) As for on a different note, the overturning of Roe v Wade got me worried about the future of this country. Been thinking about backup plans.

@star2000shadow: OMG it's so pretty! You did a great job. ^^

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/9 20:15:09 )
@Totalanimefan: i usually get the schedules i want because i prefer later shifts and most people don't. so even if it does change soon i should be ok. Also it's not as bad as when i was commuting to work because i don't actually have to leave the house when i'm having bad anxiety days so it doesn't matter as much if i don't get what i want for a schedule.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/9 20:40:49 )

@Alorrena: oh yeah that’s a good point. I think most wouldn’t want the same hours as you.
I love not having to commute. It’s the best. Makes work much less stressful to me. (Doesn’t make it easy, it just helps)
I hope that this job is good to you.

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/9 23:16:22 )
@Totalanimefan: lol i figure. Getting up's the tough part

@Alorrena: i figured. Been missing talking so much lol. But, I want y'all your best

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/10 20:12:20 )

@DreamerZ: Yes it is lol. How's your weekend? It rained all day here yesterday.

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/11 02:05:14 )
@Totalanimefan: been on and off storming past few days, I like it

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/11 15:47:20 )

@DreamerZ: I think that's a nice part about Florida summer. We do get big thunderstorms here but it's not as consistent as FL. Our weather can change a lot depending on the winds.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/11 22:24:30 )
@DreamerZ: finally made it through the nesting period. Tomorrow i start at noon and i'm so happy about that. it's been a real struggle to get up at 8:30-8:45 am every day. I'm too awake at night lol

@Totalanimefan: i agree, it's a lot less stressful. It also gives me less time to get into my head before clocking in, which was my biggest problem in the past. So far this job is easy enough. i had one call that could have escalated easily, but the guy ended up being understanding once he realized i understood what he was saying and just had a hard time explaining what i was trying to explain cause sometimes the system is complicated. But he got that so he was cool with it lol.

Oh, this weekend (to explain my absence) i decided to restart doctor who, and i've got through the first season. i've also stopped big bang to watch doctor who. Sometimes you need breaks lol

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/11 22:49:23 )

@Alorrena: I'm glad that it's working out for you ^^ Exciting that tomorrow you start the schedule that you wanted. ^^
Dr Who is great! I watched all the eps from the 2005 reboot to the end of David Tennet.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/12 12:36:22 )
@Totalanimefan: Ah well I hope it won't be too much longer before you have your degree then! Good luck with that :)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/12 15:49:08 )

@SorrowTheMad: Thanks! I'm aiming for Sept 1st because that's the end of my term. My councilor told me that if I finish all my classes except for my dissertation and start it before Sept 1st, then I can get a free 30-day extension. After that I would have to pay for a new term.
How have you been?

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/13 01:19:15 )
@Totalanimefan: i've seen a few of the original, but i don't remember much of it. The episodes back then were really short and left me wanting more lol
David Tennant is the one i'm on now. Matt Smith is my favorite. i haven't seen anything past him.

Today was a good day, though i struggled at the end. Mostly because after lunch i had to be on calls for 3 hours before my last break. The last hour went super fast though! i almost worked extra because i didn't see what time it was until 5 minutes til i was off lol. But i made it! It's still easy and enjoyable, and i had my first angry call today, which i handled like a champ and by the end of it she was happy and thanking me lol And my handle time was under 6 minutes i think! so it was a good day!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/13 01:52:32 )

@Alorrena: I kept forgetting that Matt Smith isn't the Dr anyone even though it's been that way for years lol. Lots of people like the writing during Smith's time, but I just liked Tennant so much that it was hard to watch the show without him lol. I watched like 2 eps with Smith and I just couldn't. It's like my heart wasn't in it anymore, but I'm glad that you like him. ^^
I haven't seen anything from before 2005 except for clips. Apparently there are some eps that have been lost forever because when the BBC was really poor they reused the tapes.

3 hours 0-0 Holy crap that's a long time! I'm glad that you are doing so well at this job. ^^

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/13 03:28:45 )
@totalanimefan: yeah i was like that too but with capaldi. that regeneration threw me off so much i didn't even finish the first episode with him in it. I do really like tennant, he does a good job and transitions well, but i have difficulty getting "Hello fatha" *lizard tongue thing* as Barty crouch Jr. out of my head when seeing him make certain faces.
Yeah i think that's true actually because there's some times where it often feels like a lot was missed, but not too much that it inhibited the story telling. oh, in season 2 episode 3 of the reboot, you meet technically 2 characters from the original- Sarah Jane Smith and K9. The episode explains it all but Sarah Jane and K9 were companions of the Doctor, but due to him needed back home where humans weren't allowed, he had to leave them back on earth. So she found out how to move on, but gets a bit of closure in that episode as to what happened to the Doctor and why she was left behind. it was a good episode. I'm finding myself struggling a bit through rose tyler though because it's all about her and she just seems a bit too mopey for me a lot of the time. i'll be happy when i get to Amy and Rory. They were my favorite companions, at least from what i remember. i'll let you know who ends up being my favorites when i get to season 13.

Yeah, it was a bit unpleasant, but when i got back from lunch there was VTO (voluntary time off ) for 30 minutes, so i took it and rested a little bit. But it was still 3 hours until last break. it was a busy day and my computer was being a bit wonky for part of it, but i managed lol

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/13 12:23:07 )
@Totalanimefan: Hey, good luck with that then! You can do this! :) I've been ok. Trying to line things up with a friend of mine so we can get a place and I can get a new job. Sheila's my best friend and her two sons (who would also live with us) are great as well, they're 24 and 19 so kinda close to my age. My mom's been driving me nuts and I'm finally just done with her.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/13 17:13:32 )

@Alorrena: Yeah when you see Harry Potter actors in other things it's just weird lol
I remember seeing those eps about Jane and K9 and I was like huh I guess all the Brits watching this already knew who she was lol.
I liked Amy and Rory too. I didn't think Rose's ending was really sad and really sad for the Dr. It seemed like he really loved her and the acting in those eps was great.

@SorrowTheMad: I really hope you get the new job! I know how much you can't stand your current job or your mom lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/14 02:49:54 )
@Totalanimefan: speaking of harry potter adjacent things, i spoke to an older lady yesterday named hermine. (her-mine) it made me think about harry potter for obvious reasons lol

Yeah, it's always a bit odd. As i watch more and more of Tennant, it gets easier, especially when he puts on glasses.
Yeah, i don't remember catching the fact that she was from previous episodes. Unfortunately, a lot of things just seem like they're presented as new to us, but old to the doctor, so it doesn't feel as important i guess. I only noticed it this time because of a post on facebook, which happens to be why i've been rewatching the series lol (EDIT: moaning myrtle is in dr who too. Season 2 ep10)

Yeah, i thought the ending for rose was a good one, but i was so ready for it to be over by that point. She gets under my skin sometimes with how immature she can be. Also sometimes watching her mouth bothers me, but that's just cause it reminds me of this girl i was friends with when i was growing up who also happens to be the only person i've gotten into a physical fight with. She and i had plenty of issues with eachother to where i'd want to hit her, but my mom taught me not to hit unless i was defending myself -shrug- so... yeah...
Amy and Rory though... i just love them. I love KAren Gillan to start with and i think she's a phenomenal actress. I think her and rory's acting was really convincing with their love story.

i took today off of work after the first hour. Tyi got me sick, so i slept all day. hopefully i'll be able to sleep again by 4 am so i get enough sleep for work tomorrow. I'm glad i have just tomorrow and then i'm off for 2 days.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/14 04:38:31 )
@Totalanimefan: -giggles- its okay. Helps me rest.

Ping me and bring me food..=0.0=

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.