Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts MimikyuToo's Derpy Hangout

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/3 17:02:37 )
ˑؘ ۪۪۫۫Formerly known as ChiffonOrange ۪۪۫۫ ؘ

@shieldman: Oops, I forgot to mention I wasn't from the US (I live in Malaysia which is technically in Southeast Asia) hence why I said it was Friday night (and now it's 12AM). Sorry for not mentioning it earlier ^^;;

And thank you for the encouragement xD

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/3 17:32:53 )

@MimikyuToo: I tend to stick with anime cause I'm not a fan of the Japanese way to act (Like everything is over the top and it's not supposed to be realistic on purpose). But there are lots of anime I could recommend depending on what kind of stories you like.

@Shieldman: I remember when I didn't have any money and I could barely pay my bills. It freaking sucked and I hated living like that. I remember paying my rent and having 16 cents left in the account and then calling my husband to say that he couldn't buy anything lol. Or when AT&T took my autopay bill out a day early so then I couldn't get lunch that day. I'm sorry you have to live like that. Maybe you will be able to get a raise soon?

Voltie — he/they Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/3 17:50:08 )
@Hydrangea: Nah you're fine! I was just being sarcastic about my dumb assumption that you were in the same time zone as me. Well don't stay up too late!! Remember to get at least a little sleep tonight.

@Totalanimefan: Oh yeah, I'm living that dream full throttle right now. I found out that my credit is good enough that my bank will cover overdrafts of up to $1k, so I basically do all my grocery shopping right before rent is due, then let it get hit way into the negatives until my next paycheck, lmao. The worst part is this job is new and it's a big step up from what I was earning before. Only issue is my gf can't work so I have to support the two of us.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/3 18:44:41 )

@Shieldman: I'm not sure what country you are in, or what state if you are in the US, but could she sign up for disability or unemployment or something like that?
And the price of food has gone up so much lately. It's just crazy. Things that are 'on sale' and more than what they used to cost normally.
Maybe this new job will help a lot once you have earned a few paychecks. When did you start?
Also we can talk about something else besides work if you want.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — he/they Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/3 22:19:34 )
@Totalanimefan: Haha, it's alright. You're totally correct about the food thing though. I can't get out of the grocery store for less than $30 no matter what I try to get. It's alright, though. Hopefully my birthday will be at least a little fruitful, and that's coming up in a few days, haha. Sorry to be such a downer, though! What've you been up to today?

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/3 23:03:44 )

@Hydrangea: I can relate to that xD And honestly you rock!

@Shieldman: Awww lilsimsie is so wholesome xD I think I get it. I like to watch others play some games but Sims is mah jam!

@Totalanimefan: oooooo okay. Well I like Fruits Basket, Blue Exorcist, Full Metal Alchemist, Black Blood Brothers, Inuyasha, ummm These are the ones off the top of my head xD I watch a whole lot, even that weird cooking anime that was overly sexual xD I forget the name of it. If it has a good plot and/or the art is amazing I'm down to watch.

Ahhh I failed today. I had a panic attack at lunch, worked on useless stuff, and left an hour and a half early. orz

Voltie — he/they Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/3 23:14:53 )
@MimikyuToo: I do love wholesome streamers. It's nice to take a refuge in a pastel bunker when the whole world is collapsing and watch someone play with digital dolls, hehe. How long have you been playing the Sims? I never played any other than 4, but I played Sim City 2000 when I was a kid. :) (And also, it's physically impossible to fail a Friday, as any time not used working on it contributes to an EXTENDED WEEKEND AW YEAH )

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/3 23:20:06 )

@Shieldman: I agree lol~! I've been playing the sims 3 and now sims 4. But I use to watch people play a lot because I never had a computer to play or system. Or money xD Rofl I suppose you're right, however it feels like I failed.

Voltie — he/they Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/3 23:58:21 )
@MimikyuToo: Well you've already made my day brighter, so you can count that as a win! It's nice that the Sims are so old now that older systems can run them. Doubly so that it's free hahaha. In emergencies, you can always get the roms for old game boy / DS sims games and really rough it :^)

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/4 00:04:42 )

@Shieldman: Awww I'm glad ;u; That makes me feel better a bit.
This is true, the sims can run on almost everything xD

How's your day been?

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/4 00:04:47 )

@shieldman: Ooh, I think I need to work on my sarcasm detector (lol) someday and I did get some sleep as I typed this while waking up around 7am lmao

@mimikyutoo: Lol and you too ^^

Speaking of Sims, I played Sims 1, 2, 3 and currently 4, and well as that one Sims spin-off game called MySims (the artstyle is cutesy chibi anime and it's geared towards to kids though).

And you're correct about Sims games being able to run on any computer, depending on your computer/laptop operating system and how many CCs and mods you have.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/4 00:07:25 )

@Hydrangea: Thankies ;u;
MySims? I never heard of such a thing ;u; I'm going to look for it xD
I had to restart my sims

Edit: Oh my gosh they're so cute~!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/4 00:09:52 )

@mimikyutoo: You're welcome ;3

It's basically a kid-friendly version of The Sims (no sims dying or uhhh woohooing lol). I used to played it when I was a teen and thought it was cute.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/4 00:14:58 )

@Hydrangea: Awww that's super cute~!
I'm here for it xD

How has your day been so far?
Did you sleep well?

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/4 00:19:22 )

@mimikyutoo: Hehe. I think MySims is still available on the EA website if I'm not mistaken.

My day was fine as peanut butter yesterday and yes, I've slept well.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/4 00:39:27 )

@Hydrangea: ooooo, I'll have to check it out then.

That's good, I'm glad ^_^

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/4 00:45:16 )

@mimikyutoo: Yep. Have you seen the upcoming new expansion pack (that's about family and childhood) for Sims 4 via YouTube, etc.? Just asking because I was quite impressed by said expansion pack and been debating whether I want to buy it or not after it comes out in next month (along with the new patch update regarding on a new lifestage called infant, though I still lowkey wished they should add the preteen and early-mid teen lifestages in future) lol

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/4 00:49:07 )

@Hydrangea: I have seen it, it looks fantastic but I don't have many packs or anything and there are a few others I'd like to get before. And they might add a preteen, mid-teen lifestages in the future. I know a lot of people have been asking for it. So there is a possibility. Though I think infants/toddlers are more popular.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/4 00:54:28 )

@mimikyutoo: Fair enough since their (original) price is expensive (even moreso for me as a single expansion pack costs RM139 (RM means Ringgit Malaysia) and I usually wait for them to be on sale/discount ( ; - ; ) and yeah, you're right about potential/future lifestages. While I think infants/toddlers are adorable but I still hope for preteen and early/mid-teen lifestages someday but who knows.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/4 01:00:29 )

@Hydrangea: Oh man, that does suck. I also wait for the packs to go on sale usually (^-^); Fingers crossed for you, but it does sound cool~! Maybe you should shoot a tweet to the sims on twitter? Sometimes companies take tweets and stuff into consideration.
Hangout || Questing
Please ping me if I don't reply.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.